The time has come to ask each of you to start holding monthly meetings in your counties. Even if that means just two of you get together for coffee on a regular basis.
Each month I am asking the leadership of YOUR COUNTY to do the following:
- Meet with your team, such as it is;
- Make sure dues are paid and contact info for each member is complete and up to date;
- Do your best to make it a monthly goal for each member to recruit one new member between this meeting and the next one;
- Strive toward the goal of having ten or more paid members who can elect a county chair;
- Write up a short report of that meeting (how many attended, any developments, etc.) and send it to our Vice Chairman Jim Wade.
In case you missed the memo, we are having an Executive Committee meeting on 25 February in Hico, Texas. Members of the EC are expected to attend. But if you are a county or regional coordinator, or even just an excited new member, you are welcome to come and sit in on that meeting. We even allow discussion and participation from non EC members (except for voting, of course :c).
This EC meeting is important. Among other things, we’ll be appointing new members – new Regional Chairmen – and we’ll be settling on some details for the annual state conference in June. Hopefully ALL of you will want to make that event.
This EC meeting is to be held at the Community Center on Railroad Street in Hico, at 10:00 a.m. (Free of charge!)